Roof Repair Jackson MI
A roof is designed to withstand the most severe hailstorms, rainstorms, and snowstorms. Your roofing in Jackson MI will need repair at some point during its lifespan, no matter how durable it is.
Quality Roof Repair
No matter if you’ve lost a few shingles or your roof has been severely damaged by a storm, we can help! Our roof repair Jackson MI specialists are able to handle any size job you need. Reliable Roofers Jackson MI can handle any roofing repair quickly and efficiently, so you can relax. There is no need for a new roof installation just because you have a leak or a few missing shingles.
In the event that you do have a roofing issue, it’s vital to hire roofing contractors in Jackson MI right away to handle the problem. By ignoring problems now, you could end up with serious issues with your home resulting in costly repairs.
In some cases, a roof repair can prolong the life of your home or commercial roofing until it’s time to replace it entirely. We can address any leaks on your roof or spots on your ceiling as soon as possible. Contact your Jackson MI roofing company today for a free estimate.
Emergency Roof Repair
Roof leaks can be caused by a variety of factors. Hail damage from storms, tree damage from falling limbs, people walking on your roof, old worn-out shingles, cracked and sun-damaged shingles…the list continues
Having a roof protects your most precious belongings and you from the elements. Despite your roof’s ability to weather the elements, your home can sustain damage from hail, wind, and debris during severe weather events. These damages may not always be visible.
In order to restore your home’s privacy, safety, and comfort, it is important to identify roof damage as soon as possible. Otherwise, structural damage may occur.
After recent severe weather in your area, you may see your neighbors repairing their roofs or contacting insurance adjusters. Recognize signs of damage and act accordingly
Signs of hail damage
Damage caused by hail is easily detected. You will hear hail hitting your roof and windows, and you will see ice pellets forming on the ground. It is easy to see hail damage, as it can dent your siding or even shatter your windows. Hail damage can also dent your roof or tear-away shingles.
The following roof damages are usually caused by hail:
- Missing Shingles: Check for missing shingles or exposed roof pieces. You may also find shingles on the ground near your home.
- Damaged Shingles: Look for curls, buckles, indentations, or cracks in your shingles.
- The accumulation of loose asphalt granules in gutters and downspouts.
- Dented, hanging, or broken downspouts.
Signs of wind damage
When the wind speed is high, trees can be knocked over, windows shattered, and roofs damaged. Roof decks or underlayment are exposed if shingles are blown off. This increases the risk of water damage.
The following things should be checked on the exterior of your home after a heavy windstorm:
- Damage based on your roof type:
- Missing, cracked, or curling shingles on all shingle roofs
- Granules in gutters in composition shingles
- Rotting and mold growth on wood shingles
- Cracks, tears, or surface wrinkles on flat roofs
- Damage to the roof support or accents:
- Torn or buckled flashing
- Loose roofing cement
- Rust, rot, or missing and dented sections in gutters and downspouts
- Loose or crumbling bricks in chimneys
signs of water damage
A missing or broken shingle can easily be identified if it has been damaged by hail or wind. However, water damage can take longer to detect. Mold can grow on your home’s foundation if you don’t treat water damage and leaks.
You should check these places first for signs of flooding, leakage, and general storm damage:
- Check your gutters for water buildup. Flowing water next to your house can create mold and damage to the structure if it isn’t redirected properly.
- Water spots and brown, yellow, copper, or yellow discoloration can be found on ceilings.
- Paint or wallpaper that has cracked, peeled, or bubbled should be checked.
- Look for mold, wood rot, and leaks in your attic, basement, and crawl space. As soon as 24 to 48 hours after a storm, you might smell a musty odor.
- Wood or laminate floors may expand when they become waterlogged, so look for gaps or curling floorboards, sagging wood that feels soft to the touch, or sagging wood that is soft to the touch.
- Cracked, curled, or missing shingles on the roof.
- Check for moisture (fog) between the glass panes.
If you have water stains that extend across ceilings or run down walls, the cause is probably a leaky roof. Tracking down the leak is the hard part; roof leak repair is usually pretty easy. But if you live in the Snow Belt and in the winter you have leaks only on warm or sunny days, you probably have ice dams.
If you have a leaky roof, you’d better fix it immediately, even if it doesn’t bother you much or you’re getting a roof replacement next year. Even over a short time, small leaks can lead to big problems, such as mold, rotted framing, and sheathing destroyed insulation and damaged ceilings.
how to find roof leaks
Whenever you try to find the source of a leak, you should start by looking at the roof uphill from the stain. Look for any roof penetrations first. Leaks are most commonly caused by items that penetrate the roof. Even on older roofs, it’s relatively rare to find leaks in open spaces between shingles.
These penetrations can include roof vents, chimneys, dormers, or anything that protrudes through the roof. They can be a few feet above the leak or to the left or right of it. A flashlight and a trip up to the attic with a flashlight is the easiest way to find evidence of a leak if you have attic access.
A leak will leave water stains, black marks, and mold behind. But if access is difficult or if your ceiling is vaulted, you’ll have to investigate from the roof.
should i get my roof repaired?
If you have problems with your roof, repairing it is the most cost-effective way to solve them. Repairing an older roof can extend its life, at least until it’s time to replace it with a new one.
Repairing a roof has many benefits
- Repairs are less expensive than roof replacements
- Repairing your roof can extend its life expectancy
Repairing the roof has its disadvantages
- It can be challenging to match shingle colors
- It is possible for roof leaks and other problems to occur due to poor workmanship
Find a roofing contractor in Jackson MI
If you detect any of the damage above, it’s critical to contact your homeowner’s insurance and call your Jackson MI roofers. This will help stop future damage and repair your home.
Need A Free Estimate?
Have a roof repair issue that needs our attention? Our Jackson Mi roofers are standing by waiting for your call!